Monday, April 15, 2013

DIY Stitch Clip

This weekend was a bit of a tribulation. I had planned on spending part of Saturday in a dog training class with Bella my one year old English Mastiff. She is a sweetie but is very, very shy and somewhat stubborn. She walks pretty good on a lead but I am hopeful that a class will not only socialize her but help me teach her how to sit and stay. 

Friday night Sean called to say that he needed a babysitter for Saturday. Now mind you, I told him several weeks ago that I would not be available for the next several weeks. After whining incessantly, I caved. On Saturday morning, I woke up with my face swollen so badly that I could barely see out of my right eye. I have an abscessed tooth. Well, Saturday was just lovely as I watched my grandsons and battled my tooth. Actually, the boys were very good and once the antibiotics and Excedrin kicked in it, my face was tolerable. Noah and Nicholas had a pretty good day and surprise, surprise, Sean picked them exactly when he said he would.

Sunday I was feeling somewhat better and actually felt well enough to work on my DIY stitch clips. They were very easy to put together. Just a combination of suspender clips, very soft elastic, hot glue and velcro. I purchased a yard of pretty elastic (it came that way on a card) and so when divided by four each of the clips were cut to 9 inches. I could have sewn the elastic to the suspenders, but that seemed way harder than just hot glue-ing them. I could have made them so that each one would be the same but I liked how the colors contrasted depending on which side of the elastic you looked at, so decided to put them together to showcase that.



When I attached them to my stitching frame, I was very pleased with the tightness of the fabric. 




So far, they are working pretty good. I could probably fiddle with them so more to make them better, but for now they are working fine and holding the tension with no problem. 

As a reading update, I finished Demon Hunting in Dixie and Wolf with Benefits. Both were great. I'm not sure if I will read the second book in the Lexi George series but as always wait with baited breath on Shelly Laurenston/G. A. Aiken's next book. 

I had a collection of short stories on my Nook, Cast of Characters, that I started and while I don't think I will read it exclusively, so far the stories are good. I recently downloaded Angel's Ink: The Asylum Tales by Jocelyn Drake as a Friday Freebie from Nook and I think I will give it a try...and no, I still haven't started my classical reading attempt and Brave New World still sits patiently waiting......

No comments:

Post a Comment