Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Just a little bit of stitching

This past weekend I took Jaci and Noah to Lowry Park Zoo in Tampa and we had lots of fun as you can see from some of my favorite photos.













When the kids were on the carousel, I thought I was taking a great video, of course, I was using my phone/camera wrong and was not taking a great video. All in all, it was a great day and we had lots of fun. Unfortunately, the sun got the best of me and I suffered with a migraine for most of the next day. This meant that I didn't get a lot of stitching done, just a little bit of OSADS and HoHoS. I am in the process of updating those pages. I really need to get back to BAP-T because it's future as a finish for the end of this year is looking grim.

At the end of  last week, my son purchased a truck for himself, which means that we are no longer "car pooling". I am very glad for him but also very glad that I am no longer at the mercy of another person's schedule. This means that I now have my Tuesday Stitching with my gal pals back. For the past 6 months or so, it became incredibly hit or miss that I would be able to work out stitching with them. Now, barring any unforeseen mom emergencies, I have my Tuesday's back. This won't really help with BAP-T because I don't want to fool with taking it off the stand but it will definitely help with my wedding project. Wedding Wednesday did have a nice ring to it, I guess I could use something like Timely Tuesdays since there is an implied deadline, but I think I will just have to let naming this one go.

On the reading front, I am having lots of fun reading Fourth Grave Beneath My Feet by Darynda Jones and listening to The Wise Man's Fear: Kingkiller Chronicles, Day 2 by Patrick Rothfuss on Audible. I used to have a subscription to Audible but cancelled it when Sean started "carpooling" with me. He used to whine about how rude it was that I would listen to a book rather than talk with him. I still have a few un-listened to books, but am definitely considering resubscribing, I had forgotten how nice it is it to listen to a book on the almost hour long drive to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment