Wednesday, May 8, 2013

A Cross Stitch Video

I was looking around on YouTube at different cross stitch videos when I found this one from Sewing Adventure 



One of the things I found interesting is that the beginning and ending of the threads are done on the front of the work. Yes, that's right I said the front of the work. She is stitching on what looks like 14count (but could be 16) aida and except for a little darkening of color, you can't even tell that the stitches began and ended on the front of the design. I watched the video all the way through and and her technique for stitching seemed a little complex to me but that could probably have been because of her terminology where she used "points of contact". I don't think that I would change my stitching style to that but I am going to attempt her starting and ending from the beginning. I won't do it on my BAP-T (although that is what I am thinking about) but will initially try it on a smaller piece of stitching.  I'll post pictures of my attempts, so you can see how it turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment