Thursday, August 1, 2013

SAL SAL SAL

I feel like my life has become a big SAL.

I am working on three right now and having lots of fun. I feel as though I have abandoned my blog but it is more about getting caught up in Facebook. I never realized how many stitching peeps were on FB. I have been introduced to so many designers, fabric, threads, and people. It has been so much fun.

Right now I am working on an mystery SAL at Passione Ricamo. When I get a share-able pic I will post it. It is a mermaid and so very beautiful. The chart will only be available to people participating in the SAL, so if you haven't joined, my sorrow goes out to you as it has unfortunately closed. But let me tell you, she has beautiful thread, petite braid, beads, treasures galore.

My other SAL is Alessandra Adelaide Needleworks, An Important Flower. I am using a 29 count piece of fabric that I have had forever and stitching it over one with Waterlilies African Sunset.

My other, other SAL is a Cross Stitching Art, The Siren of the Deep. She is being stitched on a 28 count piece of fabric from Silkweavers called Seaside Melody

I'm waiting on some wonderful threads and fabric which I will definitely share when I receive. I have also been playing around with an idea I stole from someone else's blog. Unfortunately, my poor brain can't remember who I stole it from, but when I do I will share their name. The idea involved paint, washi tape, and clothespins. The original idea was to a different purpose but I decided to combine their idea with someone else's idea and create little floss keeps. I don't think the idea would work for a project with a lot of colors but it is definitely workable. 


While I have been enjoying myself immensely stitching, I have also been very busy back at work on my Master's. While this has kept me busy, I am also busy getting everything together for a renovation of Mom's roof, floor and other things which included purchasing a new refrigerator. And of course, as always taking care of Mom who unfortunately was recently back in the hospital. 

If I were to be honest with myself, I would admit that I had no business beginning a new project, let alone three new projects. My only excuse is that I really, really, really, wanted to. Some might say that I am acting a little manic and while I might agree, I will simply sat that I have the Stitching Bug



btw this is another SAL that I am thinking about joining ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment