Monday, June 10, 2013

Happy Monday - some finishes - changing things up - the sun room and evil eBay


I must admit when I saw this on Facebook Sunday night, I could totally relate. I work at a college and right now it is so quiet that I sometimes get up and walk outside just to make sure that I am not the only person on  campus. This makes for really tough going. I keep saying that I am going to start stitching when it is really quiet and in fact one of my quasi-supervisors has encouraged it. So far, I haven't because it just doesn't seem right. So stitching during lunch only.

This weekend was very nice. It was Mom's birthday on Saturday and I treated her to a purse and dinner. Bella the terrible had gotten a hold of Mom's favorite purse and although she didn't demolish it, she definitely left her mark. I also got myself a purse. It wasn't my first choice, but Mom got so excited when she saw it and insisted that it was me, that I went ahead and switched out to this purse. Initially, I was going for a summer straw look but this is a very fun purse, so I think it will work.


I got a little stitching done. Mainly working on BAP-T, I didn't take any pics but I am almost finished with the fourth page. I must admit that I am completely disheartened by the ridiculously slow progress I am making. I was warned that these patterns take forever but I really never thought it would be this slow. Hopefully, I'll have a pic in a day or so with the fourth page done. 

I finished up my Marshmallow Bunnies, well at least the stitching. If you look really close you can see that yellow and purple bunny are a little more squat than their blue and purple compatriots. But I figure, it's just going to be finished up as a little pillow thing that will be thrown into a basket or a bowl; so really, what's the fuss. I friend of mine mentioned that I should probably sign and date my work. I am kind of haphazard about that but I guess she has a point. 



I really have a bunch of stuff that needs to be put together and amazingly enough I was able to not only finish one of the Christmas baubles I was working on, but to actually finish it. It's not perfect, but I think it's cute.




The changes I have been thinking about are how I do the HoHoS and the SOSADs. It is just not working for me to show daily progress. To be honest that is just exhausting. It's not that I don't have time, because as I mentioned in the beginning of the post I do. It's mainly just that it became more of a drudgery than a joy. I'm not sure why it was becoming like that, only that it was. So, I have decided to post weekly postings and maybe starts and finishes. Also, I've gotten totally discombobulated on what holiday I am stitching on. So, really, I need to get back to KISS. 

On a different note, eBay is evil. Okay, that was a little harsh, but I must place a moratorium on all things eBay. I have a few things in bid right now but once those bids are over, I need to be done. I looked at my bank account and was shocked at how much I spent. It is really easy to go crazy because it's just $10 here and maybe $20 there and the next thing you know, you're looking at your account and thinking WTF! I've decided to just leave the bids I have in at the price I have. No bid wars! Once they are done, which should be the end of the week, I am stopping for a bit. 

As I mentioned, last week, I have been revamping the sun room/Florida room. By this I meant that right now I am still cleaning and organizing. But as I was going through my stuff, I realized that I have a ridiculous amount of stuff. Instead of buying stuff from eBay, I should sell some of the stuff I have. I have charts that I will probably never use, threads that I know I will never use, and more fabric than I could ever hope to use. Knowing I have all of this stuff, I still buy more, that is the craziness that we call our stash obsessions. It is an illness, I definitely need help. I need to stop. I will stop. Well, I will stop as soon as I finish buying the stuff for the Sarah Chapple. I really want to do the Sarah Chapple in silks. But, stop I will and I will begin my stopping with no more eBay at least for awhile , only if it is something amazing, no really I can't be trusted to even just look and only purchasing things that I really want need.

No comments:

Post a Comment