Friday, May 3, 2013

When it rains....it rains a lot

The storms of the west have finally arrived in Florida where it is raining, and raining, and raining. I know that the 50+ new plants in the garden are happy but I am worried that the roof might not be as happy. Mom's roof needs to be replaced but this is definitely a financial project that is still in the works. Hopefully, I will get a little good luck and will be able to get the project underway before the roof comes down. 

On the stitching front, I have been busy but the BAP-T is definitely slowing down. I am even more worried that this project will not be finished by its deadline. The other quicker projects are just humming along. I think maybe because I am showing such progress with the smaller projects, it just makes the BAP-T seem even slower than, hopefully, it is. I am way behind in putting up pictures on the Monkey Wrench and Holiday pages but I have been taking them. I just need to get a little extra free time to actually post them up. 

Recently I have been adding to my stash (and yes, a complete indulgence) by purchasing from both etsy and ebay. I found some very nice vintage flour sacks that I plan to use as finishing materials on ebay. I have also gotten caught up in bidding wars over at Shakespeare's Peddler ebay site. I've been trying to be good and bow out gracefully before I get too bidding crazy. Over at etsy, I have picked up patterns from some of the vendors I spoke about previously as well as some wonderful baker's twine. You would think that it would be easy for me to find baker's twine, but I have had almost no luck, except for some ugly stuff at Michael's. The colors were very pretty and I thought reasonably priced. 

Well, I am off to pick up my new glasses. My English Mastiff puppy has successfully crushed two pairs. Ironically, I had insurance on one of the pairs but had forgotten about it. Of course, when I went in to get a copy of my prescription, I was told that the insurance on the glasses had lapsed by a week. Oh well, such is the story of my life. 

I shall leave you with a picture of what I hope to eventually see this weekend.



No comments:

Post a Comment